The next ten years are pregnant with opportunities only for those who are ready to make the necessary adjustments, effect transition, and embrace technology and digital innovation in delivering excellent customer services and enterprise’s requirements for manpower and competitive advantage.
It is noted that new ways of delivering services are springing up using science and digital technology as its harbinger. Automobiles are being designed to run on electricity instead of gas, cars are designed to be smart, factory and assembly lines are automated, robots are taking over regular activities while customers want more for less at the speed of light.
Future-work will depend largely on tech and tech-adaptability. Competition for the patronage of the customers will largely be fought in cyberspace; a borderless space with little or no regular. The new-normal, remote working, e-commerce, and offshoring / on-line facilitated transaction among nations will play a major role in the jobs that will be relevant in the future and remain sustainable.
WHAT ARE THE 10 FUTURE WORK TO LOOK OUT FOR?
We have listed the most sought after and highly paid jobs-in-demand based on analysis from job sites and requests made by employers for recruitment and placement. Also, we have observed that these skills are short in supply thereby necessitating businesses having to seek them outside their internal pools and sometimes outside the shores of Africa.
- MEDICINE AND MEDICAL SCIENCES: This is rated as number one and the following specializations are highly placed
- Anesthesiologists (Cardiac or heart surgery anesthesiologists)
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Expert
- IT / System Engineer / FinTech ( Software engineers, Data Manager or scientists, Java Developers,)
- Supply Chain Management / E-procurement expert
- Product, Sales, Marketing, or business development Manager
- Corporate Lawyer and attorney – Alternative / Commercial Dispute resolution lawyers
- Researchers and creative writers
- Construction and building engineer
- Investment Managers and real estate developers
- Agriculture and agribusiness consultants (Farm Managers)
In conclusion, it is apparent that work, as we presently know it, is undergoing enormous transformation and redesign. Technology and digital innovations have altered task delivery; skills that are relevant and highly-priced some decade ago are suddenly becoming obsolete. The 5th generation network will completely change the ways things are done.
To be relevant in the future that technology and science are driving we must as a matter of urgency change our perception to work and hone our skills to fit into the new-normal and workplace new reality.
True to prediction without embracing technology and ICT some careers and works will be pushed out of existence and such job-holders will become totally irrelevant in the future that beacon on us.
Click on the link to read
UNDERSTANDING CAREERS THAT WILL BE IN HIGH DEMAND IN THE
NEXT TEN YEARS
Thank you for reading and sharing